Swift is a very well known programming language for iPhone app development. It was developed by Apple Inc. in 2014. The latest version of swift programming is swift 4.0 which currently use in the app development industries.
It is the advance version of objective-c which allows C, Objective-C, C++ and Swift code to run within one program.
History of Swift Programming
Swift programming was developed by Apple Inc. 2014 which replaced the objective-c for iOS development. Swift development started in 2010 by Chris Lattner. The first version of swift 1.0 was released in Sept 2014 whereas the current working version swift 4.0 released in 2017 after the three years of the first version.
Features of Swift Programming Language
Swift is a general purpose, multi-paradigm, compiled programming language which is the alternative of objective-c that have modern programming concepts and syntax. It uses for native iOS apps, macOS, watchOS, tvOS etc.
It has many features like other programming languages. Some of them are as:
- It is fast, secure and expressive as compared to C, Objective-C, and C++.
- Protocol-oriented programming
- Swift is stable and provides strong, the interred development platform for programming.
- Automatic Memory management
- Functional programming patterns
Benefits of Swift Programming
1. Fast and Secure – Swift is the advance version of objective-c include some advanced features. Swift has the ability to executive code faster and safely as compare to objective-c. It has an advanced error handling mechanism which detects errors during compilation and fixed it. All these things make it more secure than any other ios mobile app programming language.
2. Provide Better Readability – Swift provide better readability because it requires less code compare to objective-c. Because it has the feature of string manipulation where don’t need to combine two strings same as objective-c. In swift, you just need simply add “+” sign to join two strings. So we can say that less code equal to better readability.
3. Increase Team’s Productivity – Because of less code and clear syntax, it takes less time as compared to other languages which improve the productivity of developers. Swift has a combination of both tools and technologies for better and easy development. It is a cost-effective language for ios app development because of less time & code. These all things are very helpful for a better productivity.
4. Maintenance – We all know that a project is an endless cycle because of regular updating and maintenance. Swift is a rapidly, quick amplify as compare to other languages, which make easy operation and maintenance of the existing project.
Other Benefits of Swift Programming
- Source Compatibility
- It Supports Dynamic Libraries
- Open source
- Increase performance and safety
Meet The Top iPhone App Development Company Dev Technosys For An IOS App Development
Dev Technosys Pvt. Ltd. is one of the top iPhone app development company which work on swift programming at a cost-effective price. So, if you are looking to develop an iOS app at a reasonable cost, then meet Dev Technosys today or share your requirement at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org