We are living in a digital era and it keeps evolving with each passing day. The world is shifting from conventional mode to digitization. Now and then innovations are being introduced.
The increasing dependency on applications has led to the emergence of software development companies. The pandemic has exponentially spiked the digitization process and hence the need for a mobile application development company.
Software development has always been high in-demand as it is a desirable process. But, there is no denying that it is complicated. A mobile app development company, however, can offer efficient solutions for a simpler process of application development. Low-code no-code development offers an easier and effective approach to application development.
What Is Low-Code No-Code Development?
Low-code and no-code app development is a new approach to application development. It offers a way in which you do not need to code for developing an app and can opt for a visual development approach. It is reshaping the curve of software development and making the process effortless and simpler.
Low-code no-code is primarily for non-technical users who want to try hands-on coding. It is a cloud-based visual integrated software development process. In-built tools help to quickly and easily develop a mobile app as well as a web app.
Low-Code No-Code Development – History And Origin!
The roots of low-code and no-code technology go back to the 1990s. However, the concept of low-code no-code development was born in 2014. Low-code no-code development stems from RAD or Rapid Application Development.
The technology was primarily developed with the thought to help non-technical users. It came into existence along with Microsoft Access, Lotus Notes, etc.
Low-code no-code application development comprises components such as interface designer, workflow designer, common database, and connectors.
What Is Low Code App Development?
Low-code app development is an approach wherein users need to have basic knowledge of programming. It is a visual approach to software development.
Low-code ensures quick application development by automating steps wherever possible. It is a great way to deliver quick software solutions. The immense increase in demand for applications is fulfilled using low-code and no-code app development.
The increasing number of users across all devices has compelled businesses to develop solutions that run on different devices. Low-code offers solutions that can, at once, run across multiple devices.
Statistics claim that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.”
A recent Forrester report says, “the low-code market is all set to reach an annual growth rate of 40%, with spending forecasted to hit a whopping $21.2 billion by 2022.”
Benefits Of Low-Code No-Code Development
The complex development process and an exponential increase in demand have spiked the need for low-code no-code development. Let us have a look at the benefits of deploying this approach:
1. Better Problem–solving Capabilities
Low-code app development has in-built tools. Application development is a complex, time-consuming, and costly process. The low-code no-code approach has made it a simple, quick, and cost-effective process.
You do not need to be an IT expert to develop applications using low-code no-code. You can use it effectively for your day to day jobs. A good development speed without the help of a coder has made this approach highly valuable.
2. Less Cost Of Development
Low-code no-code development offers a cost-effective solution for application development. Traditional application development is a costly affair. Small companies or startups look for financially feasible solutions. Low-code no-code offers the most cost-effective solution.
3. Speeds Up Development Process
This is one of the best advantages of using low code or no-code development. It optimizes the speed of workflow and helps you to direct the saved time on core business work. You do not need to wait for and rely on technical professionals. You can do it yourself and create designs in just a few minutes.
You do not need to go through the complex process if you are opting for low-code no-code development. The extraction of the complex process has made the app easy to maintain.
In-built tools and ready-to-use components have minimized the burden of maintaining the app. You do not need to go through complex integration issues. It is not only easy to maintain but also cuts the cost of maintenance.
5. Boosts Customer Retention
Applications in this digitized time play a crucial role in customer retention. The faster is your application performance, the better you can compete with your competitors. Low-code software development allows developing faster solutions leading to higher customer retention.
6. Enhances Customer Experience
Customers love feature-rich and highly functional apps. The app can be developed by any citizen. It allows you to execute your vision yourself without the need of conveying your idea to a third person.
Low-code no code allows automating the process, thus enhancing the customer experience. It offers strong business features and makes the app more engaging and effective.
7. More Resilient Solutions
Low code development platforms allow the integration of legacy systems, which help in bringing a quicker solution. The time of launching an app is of utmost importance in this cut-throat competitive world.
The low-code no-code development process fits in even in a less time frame. Moreover, apps developed through low code no code have the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments.
8. Strong In-built Governance
You can develop an app on your own but for its deployment, you need the approval of the IT department. Low-code software development allows automating the process without the help of IT professionals. This optimizes the workflow and boosts efficiency.
Applications Using Low-Code No-Code Development
- Web Application: Web applications have evolved a lot over the years. A web application is a website that resembles native applications. Since it is a website, it gets auto-updated, eats less data, consumes minimal storage, can work on any device, and runs on any compatible browser. And since it resembles an application, it works like an app. You can send push notifications, have them on your home screen, and so on. Low-code no-code development allows you to build web applications with just a few steps. In-built tools enable you to experiment with your idea. It bridges the gap between the server-side and the client-side.
- Mobile Application: The mobile application has always been at the center of the application world. It offers numerous benefits and hence industries are quick to embrace it.
Business Using Low-Code No-Code Application Development
- Professionals: Individual professionals search for options that are quick and effective. Low-code software developers help professionals to accomplish their target with lesser effort and cost-effective solutions.
- Small Businesses: Small businesses are increasingly using low code no code development primarily due to financial constraints. In the startup years, it is difficult to fund largescale applications. Low code no code allows building large-scale applications in the most cost-effective way. Small businesses can have applications for engagement even with less investment.
- Big Enterprises: Big enterprises require an app that has to be approved by each stakeholder, which is a time-consuming process. To make the application development an interactive and encouraging process, big enterprises opt for low code no-code app development. The app development process can be created, maintained, and updated by each member of the team without the help of IT professionals. This optimizes the internal process of the organization.
Companies Using Low-Code And No-Code App Development
- Insurance And Finance: There are ample benefits of low code no-code app development that has compelled insurance and finance companies to opt for this approach. Insurance and finance companies use no-code due to flexibilities such as quick development, easy adoption, easy maintenance, and secure data handling.
- Logistics: Logistics or transportation industry shares a significant number in the global economy. To keep up with the shifting market demands, the logistic sector is heavily using no-code application Logistics businesses are using this technology for scanning barcodes of goods, delivery notifications, and much more. Logistic companies need an app to manage the supply chain and low code no code allows them to do it efficiently.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing businesses need to handle multiple operations at a go. To ease this process, manufacturing companies are using no-code applications to get a customized solution. No code software development helps in creating invoices, tracking products, quality assurance, and much more. Hence, you can manage multiple operations at-a-go using no-code solutions.
- Retail: The retail sector is growing by leaps and bounds today. With a growing business emerges the need for smarter solutions. Low code no-code software development helps industries in inventory management. Retail companies can automate the process and need not spend time manually counting, sorting, and reporting the goods.
No code apps can be developed without much technical knowledge. Companies are primarily using it to scan barcodes and QR codes. Low code no code offers a customized solution that optimizes the workflow; you can look for mobile app developers for hire. It notifies you about the expiry dates of goods and helps in the smooth sale process.
- HR Administration: HR teams have specific requirements that need to be fulfilled while going through the selection process. Low-code no-code development helps to build an app that can automate the selection process. The app can be customized as per your service and hence can help you in automatically reviewing the performance.
- Sales And Marketing Teams: Sales and marketing teams have to handle lots of tasks in a day. An app can help to automate the process and efficiently carry out the Traditional app development from day 0 for the sales team is a difficult process, you need to opt for mobile app developers for hire. But, developing a no-code app would be an easier and more effective approach.
Is Low-Code No-Code The Future Of Application Development?
To ensure low code no code as the future of application development we need to analyze the difference between low code no-code development and conventional development.
Conventional application development requires highly technical professionals skilled in core languages. You can contact a mobile application development company for a better solution.
On the other hand, low code no-code application development can be used by citizens, i.e, non-technical users. You do not need to have a thorough understanding of tool development, you can develop an application with minimal or no knowledge.
The conventional process of application development is a complex and time-taking process. A mobile app development company can offer beneficial solutions.
Application development through low code no code is easier and simpler. It has in-built tools that help in quicker and convenient integration.
Conventional application development is a costly affair. You need to spend heavily on development as well as maintenance. However, iterative mobile app development is a great approach. But, low code no code serves efficiently for a solution at less cost, which makes the development process highly approachable.
Low code no code is undoubtedly going to secure a significant place in the market due to its multiple features such as rapid development, effective solutions, cost-effective approach, and much more.
However, we cannot say conventional application development will vanish, it is here to stay. Iterative mobile app development services can help you with the process.
In this article, we tried to provide a detailed overview of the low code and no-code development process. Hopefully, it would have lent you an insight into how you can benefit from this approach.