Fastest Frameworks for Python App development
A structure of application development is offered to developers and so the life of developers is made easy with the help of these frameworks.
They basically play an important role in automating the process of implementation of cutting development time and so it also allows the developers in focusing on the logic of applications instead of routing elements.
Various web development companies seek the help of various frameworks in order to make their job easy and satisfy the needs of their client.
Python web frameworks are considered to be very useful if a developer wants to be professional in backend development. Moreover, it can also be beneficial for them if they want to improve their skills.
Python offers various types of frameworks like microframeworks, full-stack frameworks, and many more. All of these types of frameworks are having various options that can be chosen by the developers. This is discussed in the below paragraphs.
Table of Contents
Fastest Frameworks for Python App Development
Django is known to be an open-source framework. Moreover, it is also a full-stack framework of Python. This framework tries to include all the frameworks that are necessary by default that are not present as separate libraries.
Some of the major exemplary features of Django include authentication, template engine, ORM or object-relational mapper, URL routing, and database scheme migration. These are the features that are responsible for making Django framework a highly scalable as well as fast and versatile one.
By using Django it is possible to make or develop any website from complex to small size. Django can also be used to develop MVP because of its flexible nature and this helps the start-ups to optimize their budget as well as time.
Django is expected to grow and this is because the developers are preferring this framework for machine learning and other such technologies. In the previous year that is in 2020, Django was responsible for releasing more libraries that helped in meeting the demand of the developers.
Python app development is not an easy task but with the help of this framework, it reduces the efforts of developers and makes their job a simple one.
TurboGears is also known to be an open-source framework. Moreover, this is also a data-driven full-stack web app framework of Python. The framework is basically built on many libraries and a lot of middleware.
This was crafted initially in order to combine the Python framework’s best components. The TurboGears helps in allowing the developers to develop a web app quickly which is extensible data-driven.
The templating engine is normally user-friendly along with a very powerful and flexible ORM. The life of the designers is made easy because of the good template systems. Many Python development companies seek the help of this framework.
A lot of flexibility is offered by TurbiGears along with strong aggregate support, reusable snippets, and powerful ORM. The distinctive features that are present in TurboGears are-
- Support of multi-database
- Architecture which is having an MVC style
- Validation with FormEncode
- Genshi and Kid is present in preferred languages of templating
- Support for SQLAlchemy and SQLObject
- Pylons are there as a web server
- Command-line tools
- PasteScript templates
- ToscaWidgets is there which is an application library. It simplifies the coordination of server development and frontend design.
NumPy is known to be a fundamental package that is used for computing in Python. A multidimensional array is provided by this Python library.
NumPy is very fast in nature and this is because of the vectorized code which is more concise and can be read easily. Moreover the coder is with fewer lines and so the bugs are also few.
The major advantages of NumPy are given below-
- Much lesser memory is used by NumPy to store data
- N-dimension of arrays can be created by using NumPy
Pandas have been named so because it is a combination of panel data along with Python data analysis. The data processing and analysis are done by Pandas in five steps and they are load, prepare, manipulate, model, and analyze. This is also an open-source project and so it can be used for free
Various advantages of Pandas library are there and this is the main reason for which various mobile app development companies are using this technology. The major advantages of Pandas are given below-
- The procedure of handling data is shortened that is less writing and more work can be done
- Data representation of various streamlined forms is provided
- An extensive set of features like filtering of data depending on certain conditions, segregating the data depending on preference or segmenting and many more are there.
- Handling of large data takes place in an efficient manner
- Makes data customizable and flexible
Matplotlib is an open-source framework and so there is no need of paying. The programming language of Matplotlib is real. This is considered to be much more complete when compared to another programming language.
The major advantages of this technology for which various web application development companies are using this technology are given below-
- Customizable and extensible in nature
- It is integrated with LaTeX markup
- The technology is a cross-platform one and is also portable in nature. It is having the ability to run Sun Solaris, Windows, Mac OS X and can run on any available architecture.
Flask is also a famous Python framework that comes under microframework. This is normally available under the BSD license. The inspiration for this framework came from the Sinatra Ruby framework.
Flask is dependent on Jinja2, and Werkzeug WSGI toolkit template. The main idea of the Flask framework is to build the foundation of a solid web app.
From there, any extensions can be used as per the needs. It can be used for all types of projects. This can be considered to be one of the default choices for any project that cannot be developed by using Django.
The modular and lightweight design of Flask makes it very easy for the developers to adapt. Hire dedicated developers who know all the out-of-the-box features of Flask and they are-
- A fast debugger and built-in development server
- RESTful request dispatching
- Jinja2 templating
- WSGI 1.0 compliance
- HTTP request handling
- It is having the ability to plug into any ORM
- Integrated support is there for unit testing
- Secure support of cookies is there
This was launched in the year 2010 and after its launch, there was a total of 27 updates done on Flask, and now is known to be one of the top growing frameworks of Python.
Web2py is also a full-stack framework which is a scalable open-source one. In terms of handling data, this framework is considered to be extremely powerful.
This framework was offered originally as a tool for teaching with a focus that will help the developers to use it easily. This is the reason for which there are no files of project-level configuration.
The main attractive features of Web2py are that it is having its own IDE that is web-based. Among other things, this includes a debugger, code indicator, and one-click deployment.
Hire Python developers who know all the features of Web2py or else they won’t be able to satisfy your needs. Apart from these features the other features offered by this framework is given below-
- Access control is role-based
- Support for internationalization
- Backward compatibility is there that helps in ensuring user-oriented advancements. In this case, there is no need of losing ties with older versions.
- Error tracking can be done with the help of error logging and ticketing
- Multiple protocols are readable
- No requirements for configuration and installation
- Ability to run on Mac, Windows, Unix, Linux, Amazon, EC2, Google app hosting, and another web hosting which is having the support of Java+Python or Python 2.5-2.7.
Bottle framework is known to be a microframework that was developed to build APIs. The implementation of everything is done by Bottle in a single source file.
There are no dependencies for Bottle other than the Python Standard Library. The developers while doing coding with Bottle can get closer to metal than coding with any other full-stack framework.
This is considered to be the best option when a developer is involved in developing a small application with 500 lines of code and there will be no special requirements.
The default features of Bottle include Routing, Utilities, Server, Templates along with basic abstraction over the WSGI standard. The bottle has been updated around 73 times since the year 2009.
This is now considered to be one of the most perfect solutions for learning the web framework’s organization, prototyping, and developing simple personal apps.
Any contributors to the community of Bottle are accepted by GitHub. Bottle mailing lists can also be joined by users where they can follow the latest trends on Twitter.
The number of web development company that looks for Python developers for hire is increasing and so developers using this Bottle framework are also getting jobs in reputed companies.
CherryPy is considered to be a minimalistic framework. This framework is also an open-source framework. This helps the building of Python web apps similar to that of other object-oriented programs.
This framework was created to be extensible. The mechanism for hook points as well as extensions is also offered by this CherryPy framework.
In simpler words, it can be said that this CherryPy framework-developed app is a standalone Python web app that is responsible for embedding its own server of multi-threaded one. This framework is not a limiting one.
This is responsible for allowing the developers to use any technology type for data access, templating, and many more. This framework is having the ability to handle cookies, statics, file uploads, sessions, and other things that can be done by web frameworks.
Mobile application development companies are also seeking the help of this framework because of various features that are present in CherryPy by default. The default features are-
- Running multiple servers of HTTP at once can be done in a simple manner
- Flexible system for plugin
- Powerful configuration system
- Built-in support for testing, coverage, and profiling
- Ability to run on Python 3.1+, Android, Python 2.7+, and PyPy
- Out-of-the-box tools are there for static content, authentication, caching, sessions, encoding, and many more
The Falcon framework is a Python web API framework that is a bare-metal one. This is used for developing very fast app backends. The logo of this framework is a Falcon because it symbolizes how quick the working of a Falcon is.
This framework helps the developers in crafting cleaner designs along with handling many requests. There are restrictions offered by Falcon to the developers in the case of choosing libraries for authorization and databases. Website development services know all the features of Falcon and so other valuable features of Falcon are-
- The codebase is highly optimized
- A comprehensive test suite is offered along with 100 percent code coverage
- Handling of upfront exception
- Resource classes are REST-inspired
- URI templates are there for intuitive routines
- Easy access is possible through response and request classes
- DRY request processing is possible through the components of the middleware
- WSGI helpers can do unit testing
- Idiomatic HTTP error responses
Useless operations are ignored by Falcon during the process of the development of any web framework. Freedom of choice is offered to developers as developers are able to make decisions that will help them in tuning and customizing the process of implementation in a free manner. The availability of active community and extensive documentation is considered to be another two major advantages.
All the above-mentioned frameworks are known to be the fastest frameworks for Python app development. The basic knowledge about the top 10 fastest Python frameworks has been given above along with some of the basic ideas.
Now depending on your needs, you can easily choose a suitable framework for your project. But hiring a good developer is also important who can guide you all the way to create a successful project.